Designed for universities looking to complement theoretical learning with practitioner-led content in a virtual setting.
AVI’s 69-year history and reputation as a global leader in international development ensures contemporary seminars and workshops that are engaging and offer real world insight for students. Universities can even custom build the MasterClass from a suite of topics to match academic requirements.
Masterclass Series Topics
Deep-dive into what makes a development project ethical with long term impact.
Explore current guidelines and legislation around the rights of children and risk to their constitutional privileges and welfare.
Risk & Security
Learn about risk and security best practice in the international volunteering sector.
The essence of AVI’s approach and one of the primary tenants of ACFID’s responsible volunteering for development toolkit.
Learn about AVI’s approach to ‘soft power’ through building long-term relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
Gender & Inclusion
Learn about the critical importance of gender and inclusion where all services, opportunities, and establishments are open to all people, in sustainable development.
Modality & Delivery
- Four week structured learning delivered via online platforms
- 12 x one hour interactive workshops grouped into weekly themes
- Two hour end-of-series presentation by students
- Online resource library
- Mentorship and support of students from experienced AVI practitioners
- Peer-to-peer support framework
- End of series evaluation report